As 2014 draws to an end we would like to take this opportunity to wish all our employers, partners and beneficiaries a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
We have had a fantastic year at A Fairer Chance and are looking forward to 2015. We already have a number of exciting events and projects lined up so keep checking the website for news and updates.
We would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the great work we have delivered through the year:
- Over 100 people placed with our leading retailer, Sainsbury’s. Many have gone into skilled roles including bakery, fishmongery and butchery. In November we placed the first person directly into a store management role.
- Worked with Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Charlton Athletic and Arsenal in the Community to welcome local people into these great organisations. Collaborated on job preparation and motivational workshops and helped over thirty people directly secure employment.
- Working with DWP and Waltham Forest council we have helped over 30 residents including people with convictions and care leavers secure work.
- With our partners, Working Links, we have delivered Employment Events in the London prisons resulting in both ROTL offers and jobs on release.
- We have been recognised by TFL Supplies and skills team as organisation of choice to prepare and place young people into paid work and apprenticeships across rail, highways and business development.
- Supported two young prisoners apply to BBC Traineeship on the strength of the skills and training they had received through Prison Radio . One is now employed by the BBC and the other working for a major Arts Centre in London.
- Working with Lendlease through BeOnsite we have supported both serving prisoners and people in the community into paid work on The Elephant and Castle development. This has included two exceptional men who have secured management jobs with contractors on the supply chain.
- Run employment events and other activities in Kent and Sussex prisons with TMC. Partnered on employment activity in London and Kent with Changing Paths. Charity supported by Wates and delivering quality Stone Masonry training in HMP Rochester.
Thank you to all our partners and employers for their support this year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The A Fairer Chance Team